Rancho Santa Teresa
Swim and Racquet Club
286 Sorrento Way, San Jose 95119
Hello Members -
The Board has been working to try and keep up with the ever changing COVID-19 updates. Due to the latest Santa Clara Health and the Shelter-In-Place orders, we are making the following changes:
- The Easter Egg Hunt on April 5 has been postponed. We will schedule a “Hop into Spring/Summer” event later in the season.
- The Clubhouse is closed. All events and gatherings are postponed. Reservations can be taken for dates past April 7 but can not be confirmed until the Shelter-in-Place is lifted.
- The Office will be closed to walk-ins but open during regular office hours (currently Mon, Tues & Thurs from 10 am to Noon), but please handle business via the phone or email if at all possible.
- The Back Pool and SPA are available for use. If you choose to use them, please help by following COVID-19 risk mitigation measures, especially:
• . Practice proper hand hygiene
• . Practice social distancing, keeping at least 6 feet between you and others
Obviously everything here is fluid and outside of our direct control. We will continue to monitor new news and provide updates via Facebook, e-mail and our website. You can follow us on Facebook at
Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Less than 40 days before the pool open for the season!! The team has been working hard to be ready, with new umbrellas, chaise lounges and a kitchen cooktop on the way and lots of fresh paint around the club. Over the next few weeks, you will also see the outdoor kitchen being rebuilt and we are looking at bids to install a railing on the Sorrento Way entrance and replace the clubhouse flooring. Whew!
I’ve really enjoyed meeting more of my neighbors and hearing feedback on what you like and
where we can improve. Please keep reaching out.
RSTSRC Board President
Even though we’re still huddled under blankets, the summer season is fast approaching! Supervisors are being hired, applications for Lifeguards are being accepted, facilities are being updated, and events are being planned. We’ve heard from many of you that you’d like to work together as a community to help improve the club. With that in mind, in mid-March, we will have our first annual “Rancho Helping Hands Day”! It will be a day to meet and work with your neighbors on projects at the club. There will be some light refreshments, music, and fun. Look for more details in the March newsletter.
Barbara Walker has joined our team as the new Office Manager, replacing Amy Raczkowski. Amy will still be working on special projects for the club and help Barbara as she transitions. Amy, THANK YOU for all that you have done and continue to do for Rancho. Barbara - WELCOME!
RSTSRC Board President